1. Ownership Rights
This website is owned and operated by TRANSEARCH International Australia Pty Ltd of Level 10, 333 Collins Street, Melbourne Vic 3000 (“we, us, our, TRANSEARCH International Australia”) for use by members of the public and its customers (“user(s), you”).
2.2 You will not use this Website for any unlawful purpose. You will not violate or attempt to violate the security of the Website which includes but is not limited to hacking into this Website, TRANSEARCH International Australia’s computer systems or the computer systems of other users of this Website. Hacking means unauthorised access, malicious damage and/or interference and includes, without limitation, mail bombing, propagating viruses, worms or other types of malicious programs, deliberate attempts to overload a computer system, broadcast attacks or any other method or thing designed to damage or interfere with the operation of a computer system or website.
TRANSEARCH International Australia respects the privacy rights of all individuals. TRANSEARCH International Australia is committed to ensuring that all Directors and others involved in the management of TRANSEARCH International Australia comply at all times with their obligations under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth.) in line with the National Privacy Principles.
This privacy statement explains how we collect personal information and we maintain, use and disclose that information. It also provides some detail about your privacy rights along with our rights and obligations in relation to the personal information we keep on record.
Type of Personal Information Held
Personal information is any information or an opinion about you that is collected and held by TRANSEARCH International Australia in relation to its employees, contractors and candidates and usually falls into the following categories:
- Candidate information submitted and obtained from the candidate and other sources in connection with applications for work;
- Information relating to the personal background of workplace participants (including home address, sex, date of birth, nationality, languages spoken, employment history, educational qualifications and details of contact people in the event of any emergency);
- Work performance information (including but not limited to records and any written warnings);
- Information about incidents in the workplace;
- Staff information (including letter of appointment, tax file number, bank account details as well as records of any pay adjustments);
- Information submitted and obtained in relation to absences from work due to leave, illness or other causes;
- Information obtained to assist in managing client and business relationships.
How your information will be collected – Attending an interview
Personal and sensitive information will be collected from you directly when you fill out a registration form or any other information in connection with your application to us for registration.
Personal and Sensitive information will be collected when;
- When we receive a reference about you
- We receive the results of any psychometric, competency or medical testing
- We receive performance feedback
- We receive any complaint about you in the workplace
- You provide us with any additional information about you
- You provide us with legal documentation, for example, proof of entitlement to work in Australia, upon validation the photocopy of this documentation will be destroyed.
How your information will be collected – Visiting our website
Personal information you volunteer to us when registering on-line for a job vacancy with TRANSEARCH International Australia, such as your name, address and contact phone numbers will not be disclosed to any other organization unless we are required by law to do so. This information is retained in our database for use by the TRANSEARCH International Australia only for the purpose it was intended. If you choose to email us via the email link on our website this email we will not be disclosed nor will we use the information other than the intended purpose.
The information you submit online via electronic timesheets is sent directly to the TRANSEARCH International Australia payroll department and is only used for its intended purpose. Only when the time sheet is submitted do we collect personal information.
Purposes for which we hold personal information
We primarily hold personal information for the following reasons:
- Your actual or possible work placement
- Any test or assessment( including medical tests and assessments) that you might be required to undergo
- Staff management
- Identification of your training needs
- Any insurance claim or proposal that requires disclosure of your personal and sensitive information
We may disclose your personal information for the purposes for which it is primarily held or for a related secondary purpose. In some cases we may only disclose information with your consent. We may disclose your personal information where we are under a legal duty to do so, including circumstances where we are under a lawful duty of care to disclose information.
Your personal and sensitive information may be disclosed to:
- Potential and actual employers and clients of TRANSEARCH International Australia (always with your prior consent)
- Our Insurers
- A Workers Compensation body
- Any person with lawful entitlement to obtain the information
- Any person to whom you direct us to supply employment details
We contract out a number of services from time to time. Our contractors may see some of your personal information, typically our contractors would include:
- IT contractors and database designers
Inability to provide us the information we seek
If you are not prepared to give us the information we seek;
- We may be limited in our ability to locate suitable work for you
- We may be limited in our ability to place you in work
Enquires and Complaints
Anyone who feels that there has been unwarranted invasion of their privacy should contact Penny Thiessen, our Privacy Contact Officer, who can be contacted on 03 9235 5100 between 8.30am and 5.30pm Monday to Friday. Further information about the Principles or TRANSEARCH International Australia?s policies relating to privacy issues can be obtained from the Privacy Officer.
TRANSEARCH International Australia takes particular care to protect your information by electronically storing your information in our database and stored in our secure offices. All TRANSEARCH International Australia staff are bound by confidentiality agreement, access is only available to those requiring such access.
Subject to some exceptions that are set out in the National Privacy Principles, you can gain access to the personal information that we hold about you. If you are able to establish that personal or sensitive information that we hold about you is not accurate, complete and up-to-date, TRANSEARCH International Australia will take reasonable steps to correct it so that it is accurate and true.
We do refuse access if it would interfere with the privacy rights of their persons or if it breaches any confidentiality that attaches to that information. If you wish to obtain access to your personal information you should contact our Privacy Officer. You will need to be in a position to verify your identity. We might impose a moderate charge in providing access. Our Privacy Officer would discuss these with you. You should also anticipate that it may take a little time to process your application for access as there may be a need to retrieve information from storage and review information in order to determine what information may be provided.
4. Intellectual Property Rights
4.1 All of the content shown or displayed on this website, including graphics, photographic images, moving images, sound, illustrations and software (“content”), is owned by us, or our licensors or other content providers.
4.2 We own or have the rights to use or display all trade marks, service marks, trade names and logos appearing on this Website. All elements of this Website, including the general design, layout and content, are protected by copyright, moral rights, trade mark and other laws relating to intellectual property rights.
5. No Copying/Reproduction
5.2 If TRANSEARCH International Australia witnesses any such reproduction as detailed above, we reserve the right to take legal action against any alleged infringer.
7. TRANSEARCH International Australia’s Rights
7.1 This Website is provided “as is” and we make no warranties as to the satisfactory quality or fitness of the content for any particular purpose.
7.2 While we use all reasonable efforts to ensure the accuracy, correctness and reliability of this Website and its content, we do not represent that this Website or its content will be error free. We do not represent or warrant that this Website will be available on a timely basis.
8. Limitation of Liability
8.1 To the maximum extent permitted by law, all warranties in respect of the content or use of this Website or linked websites are excluded. We exclude (to the maximum extent permitted by law) any liability which occurs or arises as a result of the content or use of this Website or linked websites.
8.2 We (including our directors, employees, affiliates and other representatives) will not be liable (to the maximum extent permitted by law) for damages of any kind, including lost profits, or direct, indirect, compensatory, consequential, exemplary, special, incidental or punitive damages based upon or arising out of your access, use of, inability to use, or the performance of this website or its content. This applies even if we have been informed of the possibility of such damages.
9. General Terms
9.4 Any online competitions conducted on this website or the introduction of any e-commerce application may be subject to separate terms and conditions which will be posted on this website from time to time. You must ensure that you read the terms and conditions relevant to each competition or e-commerce application.
10.1 We have done our best to display as accurately as possible the colours of the products shown on this website. However, because the colours you see will depend on your monitor, we cannot guarantee that your monitor’s display of any colour will be accurate.