- Castlemaine, Bears Lagoon or Gergarrie based
- Some flexibility to work from home
- Varied & broad
Don is a division of George Weston Foods Limited (GWF) who employ more than 6,500 people across 60 sites and is a wholly owned subsidiary of Associated British Foods plc. The DON brand is Australia’s most loved smallgoods brand and has a strong presence across all smallgoods categories including bacon, ham, continentals, franks and salami. A, diverse business with a proud heritage and is a major supplier across the Supermarket chains, Food Service distributors, Quick Serve Restaurants and Industrial customers.
This is a conduit role which covers (a) generalist business partner, advisor and coaching to two Business Units and (b) the employee relations lead across the Don Smallgoods business providing technical expertise and a pragmatic with a contemporary and consultative approach.
- Champion the delivery of HR best practise supporting the businesses key objectives and vision with the implementation of a broad range of People & Performance initiatives.
- Build organisational capabilities through assessing capability gaps and partnering with OD or L&D to broker appropriate solutions.
- Strengthen leadership capability by supporting relevant leaders with performance management activities including goal setting, regular reviews, and development of personal development plans.
- Partner with business leaders in relation to employee relations activities including- interpretation of EA’s, compliance with employment legislation and maintaining a positive working relationship with Unions.
- Coach and work with P&C Business partners to ensure strategic responses to matters are provided on complicated cases and issues.
You will have a passion and commitment to be part of a high-performance team focusing on Don’s Culture and Capability. You will have the ability to thrive in a team environment and enjoy working with a broad remit and variety.
In addition; you should possess:
- Degree or equivalent experience.
- Extensive practical experience in a management role covering IR, ER, workforce planning, performance management, recruitment, cultural change, organisational development, and HR reporting.
- Experience gained in a unionised environment.
- Ability to influence, work in consultation and collaboration, and make decisions that result in the desired outcome for all parties.
- Demonstrates commercial awareness.
- Excellent communicator, strong interpersonal and influencing skills with a customer service focus.
If you are determined to make a difference and want to join a diverse organisation offering the opportunity to broaden your experience, please apply submitting a cover letter and resume in Word format.
Also (George Weston) is a philanthropic leader with a focus on people and environment. See the link below for further information on ABF (of which Don are a fully owned subsidiary) the ESG video is great.
Associated British Foods plc (abf.co.uk)
At DON and George Weston Foods, we are an equal opportunity employer. We embrace inclusion and diversity, and celebrate what makes us unique. We are committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and the provision of a safe and healthy work environment.
Please note that extra precautions are being taken at this time to protect our people, our business and our community. Initial interviews will be conducted online via Zoom. Successful candidates will be asked to consent to pre-employment fit to work check.
For an initial confidential discussion, please call Silvana Pardo, TRANSEARCH International on 0411 302 582 or submit your application (resume and one page cover letter) to the link “apply now”.