- Supportive & collaborative culture that puts safety first
- Generous salary, national role
- Continuous improvement mindset
This highly successful Australian based organisation has experienced rapid growth over the past few years. Now a clear leader within Australia, providing key consumer services to its customers. With a healthy pipeline of further growth-based initiatives, this organisation is set to continue its exponential growth, bringing a disruptive and fresh approach to the way it delivers services; placing people and innovation first. The corporate culture is fast paced, highly agile and dynamic, with an authentic, pragmatic and solutions focussed approach.
The primary focus of this role is to lead and team and improve the health, safety and environment culture across a national multi-site workforce. Your ability to influence and passion for change will help this organisation put their values and behaviours on display.
You will be responsible for:
- Develop a trusted and effective partnership with clients, suppliers and operational teams.
- Provide clear and accurate advice on HSE matters.
- Drive effective compliance programs to ensure that the business complies with legislation, codes
- Conduct site audits and compile reports as directed.
- Drive a positive safety culture in accordance with corporate health, safety and environmental policies.
- Maintain efficient record keeping and document control procedures.
- Undertake incident investigations
- Undertake Emergency management
- Coach, mentor and provide safety training as needed
- Investigating all injury, incident or near miss situations encountered on site or at site of incident – bring to a decision
- Conduct risk and compliance checks on a regular basis.
- Undertake systems audits as required.
Key selection criteria:
- Demonstrate experience working in a Leadership safety /HSEQ management role ( having led a team).
- Relevant qualification with a minimum Cert IV in Occupational Health & Safety.
- Ability to implementation and rollout the HSEQ Safety framework.
- Experience in conducting site inspections, audits and training.
- Experience in incident investigations & Incident Cause Analysis Method (ICAM).
- Proven stakeholder management, building strong relationships with clients, lead collaborative efforts and work within a team environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively to drive positive HSEQ outcomes.
- Ability to problem solve and work independently.
- High level computer literacy
- Relevant industry background includes blue collar, asset management, oil & gas, construction, mass transport, industrial.
For an initial confidential discussion, please call Silvana Pardo, TRANSEARCH International on +61 3 9285 5807 or send your application (covering letter and cv) in word format to the link below. To apply, you must be an Australian/New Zealand resident or able to work without restriction in Australia.