- Exciting New Digital Printing and Packaging Technology
- Leader in the U.S.A and UK, Now in Australia
- Oversight of Multi-Site Operations
Having successfully disrupted the Digital Printing and Packaging industry in the U.S.A and the UK, this innovative producer of flexible packaging, lamination and digital printing products has arrived in Australia to address the quick turnaround, flexible packing market.
Australia is seeing a huge growth in SMEs producing a range of food products requiring small batch, quick turnaround packaging solutions. Our client has harnessed the full power of digital technology, to deliver customers exceptional on shelf presence in uber quick timeframes hence making their customers nimble, competitive and multi-channel ready. This is a greenfield opportunity to set your operations up without encumbrances of existing old plant or equipment.
Reporting to the Managing Director, the Operations Manager will oversees the management of all areas of manufacturing and the supply chain to produce and deliver products on schedule and within quality standards and cost objectives. This will include:
- plant services (maintenance and facilities),
As part of the leadership team, you will participate in annual strategic planning and budgeting processes to develop plans in support of business development and global corporate initiatives. This will include setting a strategic direction for lean manufacturing and engineering support for all manufacturing facilities. Other key responsibilities will include:
- Develops manufacturing plans and establishes procedures to achieve and maintain high standards of manufacturing processes that meet customer needs.
- Formulates and recommends policies and programs that improve your competitive position and profitability of the operation.
- Directs, monitors and coaches production managers in press, pouching, lamination, and slitting to accomplish organisational goals
- Leads communications for intra and inter departmental plans, forecasts and results.
- Hires, trains and develops new hires according to organisational structure and manages to achieve high performance.
- Initiates and coordinates major projects (e.g., plant layout changes, installation of capital equipment, major repairs to maintain organizational competitiveness is the marketplace.
- Manages financial budgets for Operations
Because of the start-up nature of the organisation, this position will suit individuals who can utilise their broader experience and skill set to assist other departments as the organisation grows and develops.
- You are an excellent communicator, problem solver, coach and developer of teams.
- You have in-depth knowledge of process manufacturing operations and packaging operations with exposure to contract manufacturing .
- You have set up and used Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Good Manufacturing Processes (GMPs).
- Have strong organisational skills.
- Effective business judgment and decision-making skills. Ability to travel as necessary.
- Experience in leading multi-site manufacturing is preferred, packaging experience ideal.
- Bachelor’s degree in industrial, mechanical or business administration, or a 4-year technical degree in related discipline
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please apply below and submit your CV in Word format quoting REF NO. 0719.